When I look in the mirror, I can't believe what I see. Tell me who's that funky dude starin back at me!



My child enjoys the rock n' roll music.



Sure, he still enjoys the calypso (The Banana Boat Song) and the reggae, but he's expanding his musical horizons. Here he is doing so while lounging on the couch. He has the whole 'slacker rock,' attitude down pat.



Weezer is a winner in our household. As you can see, it makes Coop drool with excitment. Look at him foaming at the mouth! My word! He's a rabid rock fan.



I hold him on my hip and the two of us dance around to The Blue Album. He smiles when I sing the "Ewwww Weeeeee Ewwwww" part in Buddy Holly. Cooper thinks the band was better when Matt Sharp was still in the group. I tend to agree.

Cooper likes anything that marries rock with a poppy sound. He enjoys The Foo Fighters, The White Stripes, David Bowie, The Talking Heads, Pearl Jam, The Pixies, Primus and Modest Mouse. He likes classic rock, too. He's into The Who, Iggy & The Stooges, and Queen.



Is there any music that he doesn't like? Yes. I tried to put on some Aimee Mann the other day and he threw a hissy fit. I switched over to Fiona Apple and the situation got even worse. What the heck? Perhaps he was struggling with some gas. Perhaps it was daddy's influence surfacing. Jakob likes his songstresses less Lilith Fair and more Riot GRRRL.

Like father, like son.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That funky dude is Cooper. What a sweet boy....Hey Cooper you look like a homeboy. Tell your mom and dad to play some Zeppein, Yes, and Who for you and see if you chill. Maybe some Janice & Jimmy would be nice too. We love you.
Your hip Grannemarie & Grampa Joe