Progress Charts

I don't know how it happened, but Cooper has this wacky idea in his head that he deserves presents every day.

Each time I pick him up from school he asks, "Do I get my present?" I tell him that presents are on birthdays and Christmas only. He starts wailing, "but I want a present!" Heck, I want daily presents, too! But that just ain't the way we live, child o' mine.

On Monday, we talked about earning presents. Since potty training is something we're working on, Coop and I made an agreement that if he uses the potty and not his diaper FIVE TIMES then he can get a present. He says he wants the Lou Zealand muppet figurine. He claims it's his favorite muppet. (Really? The flying fish act guy? Ok. Hey, whatever's clever, just as long as we're phasing out the Huggies.)



Cooper and I made this chart. He gets a star for each successful trip to the bowl. As you can see, he had a good morning.

This morning he asked, "Where's mommy's chart? Where's mommy and daddy's chart?"I told him that we got rid of our diapers long ago and so we don't need charts.

But then I thunk on it. Maybe we do need charts.



Here's Jakob's Wii Fitness chart. 20 workouts of 30 min. or more and he can purchase Wii Sports Resort.



And here's my art chart. 20 projects COMPLETED and I get something fantastic that I want. I'm just not sure what that is yet. But I'm committed anyway.

Look! Because I completed these charts, I already have a star.

1 comments:

RIRI said...

We all need motivation. You've put a fire under my butt. I need a custom chart. Can you help me out?Great to see you all have at least one star already.
miss you all.