PREEster

We had some folks over on Saturday for a Pre-Easter celebration.



There was candy, ham and an egg hunt. I took some video with the new camera, but I can't get the audio to play back. At 30-something years old, I really should start reading owner's manuals. That would be more efficient than my trial-and-error method to learning gadgets. Maybe next year.



Each time Cooper found a new egg he would let out a blood-curdling scream of, "I FOUND ANOTHER ONE!" There were 50 eggs.



Kate had a hilarious happening at the local Albertson's. I won't give you the deets. It's her story to tell. I'll only say that it involved indecent exposure and shattered glass.



The egg hunt was halted for about 15-minutes so we could all admire this awesome lizard. Cooper kept looking at him and saying, "HI MR. LIZARD!" The lizard didn't want die, but he didn't want to move either.



Alex and Edy were visiting from Colombia. It was good to have everyone around. Once PJ went off on a drunken rant about how the characters on Grey's Anatomy were all "childish idiots", it felt like a true family gathering.

Cooper played hide and seek with Carrie, made a magic soup with Edy and forced Alex to play, "Chef."



The following day, Cooper woke up to an Easter bucket. Apparently, the Easter Bunny thought my little boy would use a bucket much more than a basket. He's a clever bunny.



Inside the bucket was a Toy Story flashlight, which Cooper used to find his hidden bunny gift.



(FYI--the Easter Bunny who visited me in the 1980's and part of the 90's never left gifts. He left candy and maybe some socks. This new bunny leaves gifts. I guess he's doing well despite these hard economic times.)







Coop finally found an Evil Emperor Zurg toy in mommy's speakeasy liquor cabinet. (Hey, Mr. Bunny! Did you help yourself to my hooch? I'm checking the levels in those bottles!)



The toy has a maniacal laugh and three evil sayings:

1. "DESTROY BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!"

2. "I AM YOUR FATHER!"

3. "COME TO ME MY PREY!"



Coop hasn't stopped pressing the button since Sunday morning.

I'm hearing "DESTROY BUZZ LIGHTYEAR" in my sleep.

Thank you, Easter Bunny.

2 comments:

RIRI said...

Cooper looks like he had a great Easter. I remember last Easter when he serenaded us all with Roger Miller. Time is ticking away. I love this blog!!!

JoLynn said...

Over and over again, THANK YOU for this blog!!! I love your writing, the pics and just being able to stay current with all of you!

whoa, i just noticed riri's comments!
Great minds think alike!

So Nicole, as far as the hidden Easter prizes I think that may have something to do with Coop's Daddy's rules about Easter. He and Sean always insisted that Bunny was sneaky and must challenge them by hiding everything. They also upgraded their expectations of Scott & me and told us that Easter was so important that they should get a gift from Dad & me too, which, of course, must be hidden too! Yes we so spoiled our boys but look what great men they've turned into!!! (Now if they could just appreciate the reason for the season...ah a mom can dream)