To The Fussy Baby That Has Taken Over My Content Baby,

Well, I'd like to know where
You got the notion
To rock the boat
Don't rock the boat, baby
Rock the boat
Don't rock the boat, honey.




Truce! Truce! Let's get along again, shall we?

Just like when we were in the hospital? Remember?

For the past several days you wake up all happy and peaceful. You are fed, burped and changed. You smile all the while. We have a short playtime and then BOOM! The horror. Oh, the horror.

It seems like anytime I try to talk or sing to you, you're totally cheesed off and all in a tizzy. Do you hate the sound of my voice? I hope not! I spent well over $40K going to college to free my natural voice with Linklater training.

These episodes don't last long. I try everything under the sun and eventually something makes you relaxed enough to fall back asleep. But where do these spurts of anger come from. Are you uncomfortable? Overstimulated? What is so wrong? Is being a baby really so tough? Learn to talk so you can tell me what's up. Ok?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, we spent over $100,000 collectively, but who's counting? You sound wonderful, but still incredibly like your mother. (Did she get that Linkletter training too?)
Cooper's just working on his range of emotions. It's going to take some practice getting ready to be the Johnny Depp of his generation.
I can see it now "Pirates of the Caribbean 9" starring C.K.White!"
Of course I'll be telling everyone,
"That's my grandson!"
Love, Grandpa Joe

Anonymous said...

Mitch used to have a time period every day when he was fussy, but he outgrew.

And Cooper will have the sense of humor I think Johnny Depp lacks.

Love,
Susan