So Fresh & So Clean



Dear Cooper,

Things just keep getting better.

Your umbilical cord leftovers finally fell off. Fear not. I won't be making an odd piece of resin jewelry with the dried up remnants like I previously joked. That's way too weird, even for me. Your stump vanished to reveal a perfect belly button. Thus, we were finally able to have...(drum roll, please)...BATH TIME!



At first you weren't too sure about the experience. Your Grannemarie and I filled your baby bath and let you hang out in your birthday suit. Then when the water washed over you, you were in heaven. I think I saw you recalling your aquatic home in the womb from less than a month ago.



This duck towel/puppet became a good friend of yours. You made some cooing noises and kicked your legs with grand excitement. No boring wash clothes will do for you! Your bath accessories must look like fun, funky animals. You have extravagant tastes.



Then, when you were all cleansed and rinsed, I scooped you up in your blue dog bathrobe (like I said, extravagant tastes). You looked at me and your grandmother with such love. You were feelin' refreshed. You were feelin' groovy. You were feelin' relaxed. So relaxed, in fact, that you promptly shat the largest poo all over me and all over the kitchen floor. (Lesson for Mommy: wrap the bum FIRST or pay the price.) Now that's contentment! It startled your grandmother and me so much that we both laughed loudly, which I guess must have frightened you because you began to cry. At that particular place and time, you didn't like being laughed at. Our laughter ruined your post poop bliss. We apologize. I cleaned you off (again) and put you in a diaper (now that's smarts!) and in your pajamas. As I scrubbed my blue blouse in the kitchen sink with 'Toddler Time' stain remover, all I could do was think of your precious face right before it happened.



Of course, next bath time is Daddy's turn.

I love you to bits,

Ma

0 comments: