6 Months

Yesterday was your Official Half Birthday, Cooper. You made it through 50% of a year. Congrats!!!



Since this is a special milestone, I decided to compose a poem for the occasion. Now, Momma is no poet! But being that it is December, I was feeling the holiday spirit and everyone knows that the holiday spirit makes you want to rhyme.



I took you home on a Monday,
Knowing all too well that someday
You'd grow up in a short amount of time.



And though at first you couldn't see,
You seemed to recognize me
When I sang, "You Are My Sunshine."



In just a few short weeks,
You had round, dimpled cheeks
And your eyes and ears revealed the world to you.

Then you began talking
All day long you're squawking
and every noise is beautiful and new.



Not an infant anymore
Now you've started to explore
And it's amazing how far you've come.

Rolling over, eating peas,
No longer spooked by my loud sneeze,
Bravo! Be proud of what you've done!



Of course, it did go by too fast,
How quickly present becomes past
Before too long you'll be a young man

But trust me, Cooper K.
I'll always find a way
To make your childhood as joyful as I can.


I love you, my 6-month old boy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Nikki, He is so cute, may you enjoy each and every day of your First Christmas as a family !!!!!!!!Love, Auntie Mary Kay

Anonymous said...

Dear Angel boy, I have shown your Santa Cooper pic to all of my students and everyone else I know. The consensus is that you are the cutest baby ever born! I lost count of all the instant smiles your photo brings to every one who sees you. No doubt about it, you are such a blessing and have brought us great happiness and joy!
Love, Mimi

Anonymous said...

SANTA BABY!! You're the one. So many people see your picture that is on the computer in my office. You bring a smile to their faces every time. Oh yeah I brag and brag about you to everyone who will listen. Grampa Joe is so excited he can't even sleep. It's like he's waiting for Santa Cooper to come.
Love,
Grannemarie

Robert Irving said...

What an adorable and joyous baby, not to mention hip and cool too. Wishing you a wonderful yule.
Love, Uncles Robert and Bill