A Waste of Cake and Paper?

Happy Birthday, Mr. White.

You told me this year that you didn't want a party because it would be (to quote Patton Oswalt) "a waste of cake and paper."



But Coop insisted on making his Daddy a birthday card.



Since this was gift art, Coop wanted to move beyond crayons to something with more of an archival quality.



I busted out the watercolors. Coop wanted to use every brush and dip into multiple colors. His technique is very progressive.



"Mom! I'm creating art right now! Could you stop it with the photos? You're distracting me."

Here's the finished piece:


Untitled watercolor by Cooper Kingsley White 2/23/08

I think his work is very sensitive. AND he spelled 'Birthday' right! Pretty good.

A great card, an Apple product and breakfast at Big Boy.



Happy birthday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I said to Dad look at Jakob and he said yeah but who's that guy. And I said again, It's Jakob. and he says I know but who's that guy? but oh, wait that'sCooper and Sean! And I said NO that's not Sean it's Jakob! and he reels back
and then squints at the screen and quietly says that's Jakob and Cooper?!

Talk about genetics.
Love, mom

PS Dad was very impressed with Coop's watercolour technique!

ps thank you Nicole for this gift your blog brings to so many!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Mr. White!

We are glad that you were born!

From the Tagues

Robert Irving said...

Hi Jakob,
Happy Birthday!

Did I catch you on a fashion show providing some insightful commentary. I think it was the style channel. You go.
Robert