Everybody Hurts

Dear Cooper,

It seems that Daddy's business trip to India just happen to coincide with your full-throttle launch into the "terrific" two's.

We've had some major meltdowns the past couple of days and I want you to know that I'm not mad.

The incident in the park with the bubbles was just as heartbreaking for me as it was for you.

Those kids had brought buckets of bubbles. I know you've never seen so many bubbles before and that must have been a bit over-stimulating. And those kids were older and not playing very nice. They didn't understand that you were just a baby. And you did start pouring all the bubbles onto your chest and that was not a popular decision amongst the crowd of 7 and 8 year olds. I felt it was time to leave the bubble area. I tried to explain that we'd play somewhere else and all would be ok, but you just kept crying out in agony..."BUBBLE! BUBBLE! BAAAAAAAABOOOOOOOOL!"

After snack, you felt better.



I hope I'm not turning you into an emotional eater. Mommy tends to get over grief with treats. It's not the best way to deal with your problems...but sometimes you just need treats to get through.



We watched Beakman's World this morning. It was about how things float (density and displacement). You really like "Phoebe." You always like the girls.



I know you are struggling with trying to be a good boy. I can tell what a great heart you have. You want to be friendly. You want to be good. And you're trying to figure this whole language thing out. It's frustrating. Honestly, I still have a hard time trying to say exactly what I mean.

And this time with Daddy being gone...I'm not gonna lie. It stinks. It stinks like poopy. But it'll be over soon. He'll be back and it'll get better. I promise.

I'll do all I can do to make sure your two's are not terrible.

I love you, Coop.

-Mom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cooper, If I am right about your Daddy's itinerary, you should be seeing a very tired but happy to-be-home guy real soon! I am so glad while you waited for him, you had such a good mommy to give you choco comfort, rocky horse rides, and pool time! someday i'll tell you about how Gigi (Grandma Bonin) did the same for me! We are such lucky kids aren't we?! love, Mimi

Susan said...

Dear Cooper:

You have a GREAT Mom!

By the way, Happy Birthday to our favorite two year old!

Much love,

Susan, Brian and Mitch