Holy Crackers, You're Two!



Dear Cooper,

Two years ago today I held you for the first time. You looked up at me with big eyes as if to say, "You're my mom...I'm hungry, by the way."

You'll always be my baby, but you are so NOT a baby anymore. You are a little boy.

You climb EVERYTHING.

You say your letters and numbers.

You do the big slides at the playground.

You sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."

You whisper secrets.

You call crackers "ca ca" and your binky a "dinky."

You've fallen madly in love with your yellow blanket and bubbles.

You say "Gonzo" and "Kermit" and you make those particular plush toys kiss each other.

You say "It's stuck," when you try to open things that I've baby-proofed.

You count to ten and say, "Ready or not, here I come!"

You can pat your head and rub your tummy.



You draw, write and paint.

Sometimes you randomly start naming fruits...apple, nana, orinch.

You know many animals sounds and you perform them with true commitment. Your MOOOO for the cow always has gusto. Your kitty cat meow is so delicate. Your frog ribbit is enthusiastic. But my fave is the monkey..."Ooo Ah, Ooo Ah!"



I'm proud of you. I'm honored to be your mother.

I can't believe how quickly the time has gone by.

Someday you'll be a man. From what I've already learned from you in these past two years, I can tell you'll be a great man.

I love you, Cooper. Happy, happy birthday.

-Your Mommy

3 comments:

Danielleee Belly said...

Happy Birthday, Cooper!
Wow, Nikki- you look great! Chasing after a two year old must be good exercise:) Hug your boys for me.
-Aunt Danielle

RIRI said...

HOLY COOKIES HE'S TWO! HAPPY BIRTHDAY COOPER. CONGRATS TO MOMMY AND DADDY FOR MAKING IT THROUGH FIRST TWO YEARS. BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL,BEAUTIFUL
BEAUTIFUL BOY.
LOVE,
MEMERE

Anonymous said...

Cooper Dooper you are super!
We can't wait to toss you in the air and hug you close! Happy Dappy Birthday!!!! MR. CK White you are two terrific years old! love, Mimi and the rest of the gang!