Party Animal

I'm going to be better about posting.
I'm going to be better about posting.
I'm going to be better about posting.

There. That's three times I promised.



I made two cakes for Cooper this year. One was the Blues Clues cake for the big birthday bash and the other was this Animal cake for his actual birthday on June 10th.

As I was working on the cakes, I thought about my Aunt Tricia and how many cakes she's made for the family over the years. So much effort and love goes into each cake. I don't know how she does it.



Coop likes cake. We even got him to blow out the candle and sort of sing something that may have sounded a bit like "Happy Birthday."

He wanted to eat the whole cake and when we tried to just give him a slice, he was angry. Like, real angry. Grrrrrrrrrr. Like, punk riot stomping screaming angry.

It being his birthday and all, we caved and gave him the whole cake. A calm fell over the room.



I hear Bill Murray's Caddyshack voice when I see this picture. "Yeah...uh...cake's pretty sweet. I like cake. Like the way it tastes. I'm studying up on cakes. Gonna, uh, find out which cake is my ideal cake, you know."



Why use a fork when a fistful of cake is so much more festive!

Coop requested pizza for his birthday. He learned to say it, so we order it.



He's asked for pizza every day since then.

2 comments:

RIRI said...

Yeah Pizza and Cake. What every birthday should bring. Cooper is learning all the right words. Mom is getting to be an Ace of Cakes too. Great job on both cakes.
love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Tell Coop Mimi will be glad to get him pizzah! Can you believe we were together today last year? just 24 days to go...can't wait!!!
love, the other mom:o)