Art Therapy & Ear Medicine

I really should have rested yesterday, but I painted instead.



Something in my head kept yelling, "Get up and paint, Snarky! Sleep only cures fatigue...drink a real soda and let your loud, stinky art out."

BTW - My inner dialogue sounds much like the Scullery Maid from Disney's Sword in the Stone.


Cooper was up all night. He had a slight fever. He was saying that his ear hurts. Every couple of hours, "My eeeur hoits...my eeeur hoits." He slept in our bed for most of the night and then we were off to the doctor's in the morning.

Here's a word that Cooper now knows and hates with every lil' fiber of his being:

"MEDICINE"

He's not a fan. Nope. Not at all.

This particular antibiotic (Azithromycin) can be taken with food. I tried to get him to swallow using the fave drinks and desserts, but he wasn't falling for it. I offered a cookie ice cream banana sundae. He still scrunched his face and whined as if to say, "If I have to deal with that "medicine" stuff, then keep your sugary goods, Lady."

But he seems like he's on the mend.
And he's been asking for school.
I know he misses it.

2 comments:

RIRI said...

Creative juices run wild when we are sleep deprived. You are a loving Mom and a creative soul. Cooper will take his medicine and learn stuff that's yuckie can make things better. Tough lesson that we all have a hard time with.

Anonymous said...

what's up with the pharmacy? even in nh we have special flavoring that can be put into the med's to lessen the yuckiness. I also recommend yogurt with live acidopholus to reduce the "runs" that antibiotics bring on. Tell coop that uncle sean has the all time White family record for ear infections. Don't tell him that Mimi has permanent red stains from all the medicine that his daddy and uncles spit up on her. the only thing that heped my guys to sleep when they were sick was for me to sit in the recliner holding them upright. they slept , i didnt. ahh motherhood!
big kisses to you, Coop and Jakob.
love, Jo