We've Only Just Begun

I apologize for the poor quality of these pics. I busted my digital camera when we were evacuated for the fires. (BTW--we didn't burn! In the words of Ice Cube, "I gotta say it was a good day.")

Anywhose, here's a sneak peek of the painting I've been working on:



No, those are not real fish. I made them up. I meant to do that.



This here is a Joker Fish. The pink guy behind him is a Ziggy StarFish.



These are Hunter S. Thompson Fish. Yes, they ARE wearing fishing hats. This is the first of three panels. Each canvas is 54" X 42". I'll keep you updated on my progress.

And because there's no rest for the wicked, I started on Halloween, too!



Cooper and I are going to decorate the front yard with characters from Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas. Here are the humble paper mache beginnings of Lock, Shock and Barrel.

And...(drum roll, please)...I did my hair, too!



My hair in curlers, my pearls around my neck and my sunglasses on the end of my nose. That's how I painted outside today.

I know I'm ridiculous. I'm ok with that.

4 comments:

Susan said...

I wish I was your neighbor.

Susan

RIRI said...

"To Live, white lace and promises, a kiss for luck and we're on our way" Your fish are much more interesting and probably not very eatable. I like that they wear fishing hats! Are they vegetarians too? Keep going, you're producing great stuff. I love you and love these new creations.

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who would really like to hire you to recreate a pic of her son in your style.(for christmas) Also, if she can afford it, she's interested in discussing a version of your calendar. This all began when I showed her your art website. Your work speaks volumes!!! I agree with Susan and Riri! I wish I was your neighbor and I love the fish with hats!!! OOOXXX to you,Jakob, & Coop!
Contact me soon so we can wheel & deal for a price for a painting!
love, Jo

Anonymous said...

I am just so proud of you and your work Nicole. I can't help thinking back to your first works hanging in the Cape Cod Art Museum when even then people would say you were such a unique and wonderfully talented artist. They were sooo right. You're a beautiful person and even that seems to come through every painting. You should know by now that these will all be in a gallery some day. I love you. Dad