Happy Freakin' New Year!

2006 better be BETTER than 2005. Don't you agree? 05' was rough. It kicked my bum, poked me with a stick, rolled me in batter, deep fried me, and kicked me in the bum yet again!

Things started off crappy right away with the inauguration of George W. Bush for term numero dos.

Hunter S. Thompson died. Peter Jennings died. Rosa Parks died. Richard Pryor died. Terry Schivo died (finally). Even the pope died, which gave us the new pope, Benedict XVI, affectionately referred to as "God's Pitbull." I doubt this guy will be sanctioning destitute communities to use rubbers, huh?

We were struck by hurricanes Stan, Wilma, Rita and Katrina. We were also struck with Star Wars Revenge of the Sith. Even if it IS better than the other prequels, was it really as "awesome," as you NEEDED it to be? Was it? WAS IT? The answer is NO!

Someone I know, or rather used to know, was murdered. I was in a car accident. I was laid off. Not enough people watched Arrested Development to impress the people at FOX to preserve a truly funny show. What a bummer this year was!

New Year's Eve was the perfect metaphor for the past year. My family & friends headed to a "party," that was being held at a classy, top-drawer, swanky joint. The food was great. The "party," sucked rancid bong water. The place was pretty much empty. The crowd was pretty much "old" and "farty." They hired some folks claiming to be a band. As they POORLY played classics such as "Proud Mary," and "Copacabana," we felt as though we were stuck in a Christopher Guest movie.

BUT...we still had fun. We laughed at it all. It's not about the runny poop that life shovels on ya. It's about how you react to it. As you can see from the photo, I still had a blast. Yep, that's a feather hat! And YES, those ARE sparkleeeees on my shirt. But, NO, that's not champagne in my glass. No booze for me for a while. All because of the last, and best, surprise that 2005 had to offer me...I'm pregnant.

Cheers. Happy New Year. Here's to all the new and wonderful things awaiting us in 2006!

For more photos of our New Year's Eve Bash-A-Roo, check out Flickr.

0 comments: