I Must Love You, Like, A LOT



Dear Sweet Child O' Mine Within My Womb,

Look at this very pregnant, very perky lady. Her name is Leisa Hart. This image is proof that I love you more than I've loved anything else in my life...ever.

4-6 times per week, depending on whether or not I'm "pukey" in the mornin', I put on Ms Leisa Hart's DVD entitled "Fit Mama" and I work out to her pre-natal yoga program.

Truth be told, I hate exercise. Whaaaaaaaa!!! Whine!!!! I don't want to do it. I'm bad at it. I'm really good at being sedentary. I can lounge with the best of them. I excel at loafing.

But I recognize that in order for you to be a healthy baby, I need to at least attempt to be a healthy mommy. For the first time since I was enrolled in the swim team at age 10, I have a steady exercise regimen. Each time I would rather recline like a Roman with a pint of Ben & Jerry's Half Baked Ice Cream, I think about you growing inside me and it propels my fat bottom off the futon and to the yoga mat. I turn on Leisa and do my scoot & squats. I swear like a sailor at her and the overly enthusiastic smile she exhibits when she says, "Palms together, over your head. Get ready for 'chair' position." Oh, and let us not forget the joy and wonder of kegels.

Leisa. Activity. Kegels. Forsaking Half Baked ice cream. Need you any further proof?

I adore you,

Ma

0 comments: