He Likes It



I think Cooper likes it here. Here are things that Cooper enjoys:

1. His baby swing. It repeats 'Hush Little Baby,' 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star,' and 'Frere Jacques' over and over and over and over again. Sometimes I hear it in my mind even when it's not playing. Oh the joys of sleep deprivation!

2. The sound of Daddy's voice. Cooper likes the tone of male voices. He's instantly calm when Jakob speaks to him. Cooper is officially the only person who has the patience to shut up and let Jakob speak his mind.

3. His 'Binky'. Like an idiot, I thought I'd prevent Cooper from using a pacifier. I didn't want to introduce any 'nipple confusion' since I was breastfeeding and I didn't want him to get any ortho-related issues. WHATEVER! I gave him the plug. He loved the plug. The plug works. End of story.

4. His hands. Which is why we must cover them in socks.



I know it looks redonkulous, but Cooper is a menace to himself! If his hands are not covered, he claws at his face, pokes his eyes (which led to a goopy infection requiring special eyedrops. YICK!) and sucks violently on his knuckles. We bought cute little mittens for him to wear, but he yanks them right off in a mad rage. The socks, due to their length and elastic top, offer the perfect glove, even if they do look silly.

His Indian name is 'Socks on Hands.'

For more new photos of Cooper, click here to visit Flickr.

2 comments:

Awol said...

Nice face Jakob.

Anonymous said...

Is there anyway to slow this kid down? You already have him counting to five and he hasn't even been here a month!!!!
I guess we should've known with parents like you! love, mom
PS Grannemarie, thanks for the family photo, it's beautiful!