Keepsake Clay

Today was a doozy. A real doozy.

Not a "Doozer", mind you. Those were the little worker dudes on Fraggle Rock.

I couldn't get out of bed this morning. I didn't stay up particularly late the night before. I was just exhausted.

I found out that I was accidentally overdrawn on my bank account. (We'll not be discussing how much.) I accidentally left my iPod where Cooper could get at it. (He enjoyed chewing my ear buds!) And I accidentally ran the microwave and the air conditioner at the same time which caused a fuse to blow out.

Yick.

To cheer us both up, I decided to take out a gift that Aunt Dona and Uncle Joe had given to us for Christmas--KEEPSAKE CLAY!



It's a picture frame that's partially made of clay so you can preserve your little one's hand prints. I meant to do this with Cooper when he was 6 months old, but (as you know) Cooper and I always seem to be busy, busy, busy.

I molded the clay in my hands. I let Coop play with some. He tried to eat it, of course.

The picture on the box is of two perfect, little, adorable hand prints. Well, I must have waited too long, because my kid has HUGE hands and there's no way that he'd fit more than one hand print in the clay provided.



THIS was the FIFTH attempt at a hand print.

My toddler wants to grab the clay and rip it apart, not carefully press his hand into it.

I kept trying to get him to make a decent print, but he didn't want to. And that's when my mind changed.

This was his hand print. It looked like Quasimodo, but it was how he wanted to do it. So...so be it. We don't need to make everything look like the example on the box.

He doesn't conform. Perfect hand prints don't say "Cooper."

I guess he's more artsy than that.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

man, he went all salvador dali on the handprint, and yet oddly enough had the good mind to write his name and age perfectly. a bold move my dear boy, a bold move.