Nine Days Without Daddy



Jakob leaves for the East Coast this afternoon. He'll be driving across the U.S of A. with his brother Sean. They're scheduled to arrive in Los Angeles on September 1st. Then, (drum roll, please) Uncle Sean will live here! Yippity skippity yay!

NOTE: I'm going to try to get Cooper to call Sean "Uncle Silly." We'll see if it sticks.

Did I ever mention that I hate going to the movies alone? I do. It makes me sad. I feel like a little old lady and all my friends are dead. There's no one to laugh or cry with. I like having someone by my side.

I'm without my husband for the next week + two days. I have Cooper and I have planned activities with friends to avoid feeling lonely. But I know it'll creep up on me anyway.

Probably when I eat a sandwich for dinner instead of cooking, because why cook for just me?

Probably when I put Coop in his crib and he keeps asking for Da Da.

Probably when I try to sleep alone in my bed.

When it comes to Cooper's care during the week, Jakob refers to himself as "The Closer." I pitch most of the game and then Jakob comes home from work and wins it for the team by putting Coop to bed.

This week, I'm doing all nine innings every day. Hope I'm strong enough.

3 comments:

Awol said...

you are.

BLM said...

"I feel like an old lady and all my friends are dead."

Classic.

You're not alone, my dear. I'd love nothing more than to see you and the Coopster sometime soon...

Miss you.

xoxo
M

Anonymous said...

Strong enough! You my first born are Wonder Woman. Jakob would not be making this trip if you were not strong enough. Cooper will be an angel boy the whole time anyway. Being apart is very stressful and loneliness is tough. But you'll learn a lot and you have a great reunion to look forward to.
love Mom