Birthday Buzz

This past Sunday we had a birthday party for Cooper.



The theme: Toy Story. Of course.





Since Coop is always running around in his Buzz Lightyear wings, I thought it would be fun to have Jakob come out as Evil Emperor Zurg (Buzz Lightyear's arch nemesis).



To make Zurg's appearance all the more exciting, I filled up 50 water balloons and distributed them among the party guests. This way we could all thwart Zurg together!



NOTE: I constructed Zurg's costume entirely out of whatever I found around the home (file folders, trash bags, tin foil). Having a newborn to care for did not leave a tremendous amount of prep time.



Check out the video of Cooper and friends defeating Zurg:





I love when Cooper gets the hose. He's a man of action!

I also love my husband. Thanks, Jakob, for participating in my "Parenthood," inspired vision.



Here's the cake I stayed up way too late making the night before.



Cooper saw it and said, "Yay! Now I want a Slinky the Dog cake and a Rex the Dinosaur cake and a Mr. Potato Head cake and, and, and..." I kindly said, "This ain't Ace of Cakes, kid. This is what ya got. Eat it. And like it."



I'm not sure who had more fun, Cooper or all us aged hipster thirty-somethingers. Give people water balloons and cake and you will inspire smiles.



It was a spectacular celebration and a great end to Memere's stay with us.

Happy Birthday, Cooper White!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday and Congratulation to Cooper for having most excellent parents! The defeat of Zurg is just another feather in Cooper's cap. The "McGuyvered" Zurg costume is inspirational as is the cake.

LOVE!

Susan

Joe said...

There's no business like show business! It was so cute the way Cooper went right into character when the Emperor emerged.
Great work on all the artistic stuff Nicole. All first rate!
You're a great Mommy!
Love,
Joe

Ryan Gantz said...

Man, that video is amazing. What an excellent party!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe what a lucky guy Cooper is to have fantabulous parents like you and Jakob! Wonder what will follow for next year? And then Ruby's parties? Following your family is truly "It's a wonderful life!"
love, Mimi/jo/Mom
Ps Nicole you and your Mom look like sisters, What a beautiful shot!