Cooper Turns 4

Yesterday was Coop's 4th birthday.

He awoke at 6:00am, crawled into my bed and watched 'Follow That Bird' with Ruby and I. Then we all ate blueberry pancakes with whipped cream. Cooper dipped each piece of bacon in the whipped cream before scarfing it down.

Daddy had offered to take Coop to an amusement park or Sea World for his birthday, but he wanted a play date with Violet instead. Jakob joked that Coop has already blown off his old man to spend time with a girlfriend.

We're having an official birthday party on Sunday, but I made a small Woody cake to mark the actual b-day. (What cake will I make on Sunday? HINT--he's a space ranger.)



When Violet arrived, Coop rushed to the front yard and screamed her name through the hedges. "Violet! You're here! I can't wait to see you! I love you!"

Little did he know that Violet was yelling back from her car, "Cooper, I want to hug you!"



He adores her. Just look at this glance across the table.

He got a Super Why costume (pictures to come!) and insisted on getting Violet a Princess Presto costume so they could play Super Why together. I hid tons of letters in the backyard so they could find them. If you don't watch PBS, then you don't know Super Why from Adam and none of this means anything. But if you're in the know, it's freakin' adorable!

Violet gave him an awesome robot making set. They took time building robots, having a tea party, playing store, playing instruments and playing Nintendo Wii. It was a full day.

There were many amazing presents (we WILL be posting Coop modeling the Woody the cowboy towel that Mimi sent. It's hysterical.) and now we're gearing up for Sunday...there are some big surprises ahead! Stay tuned!

1 comments:

JoLynn said...

All I can say is ohhhhhh. I don't know if that's how you spell a sigh of love while watching your grandson look so undeniably happy! Here's to mommy cakes violets and baby sisters and don't forget daddy!
Love, Mimi & Grampy