Ruby Rawk Gurl at Two Months

Dear Ruby Zuzu,

First things first...rawk is actually spelled R-O-C-K and gurl is actually spelled G-I-R-L. Sorry. It's a habit I picked up last decade. I wonder how your generation will talk and spell. I wonder how the language will adapt/erode. I'm sure I won't "get it," because I'll be, "elderlier." (That's how kids in the future say "old.")




The other day I was looking at you and I thought to myself, "My goodness...she's beautiful." In fact I started singing, "You Are So Beautiful (To Me)."

It wasn't so much the Joe Cocker version. It was more like the version from The Simpsons when Homer has hair and an assistant named Carl voiced by Harvey Fierstein and he hires a guy to sing it to Marge on her anniversary. Remember? Yes, everything CAN be categorized in Simpsonese!

And then my next thought was, "My goodness...before I know it she'll have a purse and a phone."



You see, now that your brother is four, I realize how fast this all goes by. You'll be talking, walking, eating real food, and zipping around in L.A. traffic before I can say, "I don't care that nobody else on the planet has a curfew, YOU HAVE A CURFEW."

I'm trying to enjoy these little moment while you're still little. After all, you'll never be this small again.



You've made it through month number two! You're smiling. You're sleeping through the night. You're growing. You're moving all around. I can see how eager you are to get up and run. Honestly, it fills me with both joy and worry. I always want to keep you safe.

And yes, you still have cranky fits and atrocious gas. But every now and then you look at me with this expression that seems to say, "It's ok, Mom."



And that makes me feel better.

And so thank you.

2 comments:

RIRI said...

She is so beautiful. Two months has just flown by. It's great that you can take these moments and cherish them for what they are. I remember them from when you were so beautiful to me when my Nicole was two months old oh so long ago yet it seems like yesterday.
Kisses to Ruby and Mumma.

RIRI said...

Makes Pepere feel good too.
I Love You ALL