So You Think You Can Dance, Pre-School Edition

Cooper had a dance recital at his school.



There are three girls and three boys in dance class. One boy jumped off the stage, too scared to participate. The other little boy stayed on stage, but cried the whole time. Cooper was the only boy to perform...and perform with GUSTO!



Did you hear that, "YEE HAW"? That's showmanship, people!

I love when he takes the crying boy's hands and forces him to do-si-do. If not for Coop, I doubt he would've moved at all.



Here he is running off the stage. Hey, I understand. I always want a bigger
stage. I enjoy the space I take.

Like how he tosses those pom poms?

Now...I will admit that at one point, Cooper and another little boy started fighting on stage. He was NOT a boy from dance class. For some strange reason, the dance teacher invited ALL the kids to come on stage and join in dancing. Odd, in my humble opinion, since this was a RECITAL and as much as I'm all for the "everyone can be part of the club" mentality, I was cringing when she put this boy right next to Cooper. It was someone he has been having issues with.

It was not a proud moment. It was me yelling from the audience, "Cooper, STOP! NO HITTING!" No one, not the teacher or the director or anyone interceded to stop the violence. I was embarrassed. I didn't tape that part.

But I'm still proud of how Cooper did at the show. Let them look at me and shake their heads. I'll just stick my head up high and say, "Well, at least my son gave you a show, people!"

1 comments:

JoLynn said...

Hey I was there and Cooper was the best dancer, male or female! It was tremendous how he got the crying boy to perform, not just once but through out the entire recital! The stage def. needed to be longer and no other children should have been invited up. Bottomline, Cooper was GRRREAT!
I can't believe how lucky I was to get to go and see our boy shake a leg!
love, Jo/Mimi