Cooper at Age 22 (Weeks, That Is)

First things first, you are finally getting hair.



Check it out! Tiny blonde peachy fuzz is sticking up in the back of your head. You've developed the most adorable case of 'bed head' ever.



It seems you have a new best friend. That lion is nearly as old as mommy! GrAnnemarie made it many, many moons ago. I'm glad you dig it. I was going to let you name the lion, but you just kept blowing raspberries. And although 'Thppft!', and 'Pbththth!' are not bad names, let's just call him 'Kingston,' until you start exploring some vowels.



I love the way you kick your legs when you're excited to see me.
I love the way you make the sweetest, "Mmmmm" sound when you eat.
I love the way you turn and smile when I say your name.
I love that you prefer Cookie Monster's gruff growl to Elmo's squeaky squawking.
I love the way you hide your head into my shoulder as if to say, "Too many neurons firing off. I need to check out for a moment, please."
I love that the drippy cloth game still enthralls you.
I love the way you watch me do 'Itsy Bitsy Spider.' You look at me like I'm magic.
I love how you know that you're too tired and so you roll over, put your hand over your eyes and block out the crazy world.
I love how when you wake up again, you're refreshed and ready to play.
I love that your learning to love tummy time. Once you figure out that the arms play a key role in crawling, they'll be no stopping you.



You're fine tuning your sense of humor. You like my silly faces and when I pretend to eat your feet. (What is it about baby feet? They're delectable.)

You like to eat peas and tonight we're trying carrots. Each milestone is a celebration. It also makes you a little more independent. You'll always be my kid, but you won't always be my little guy.

5 MONTHS OLD? REALLY? Seriously? Thank you for the best (and quickest) 5 months of my life.

For more Cooper & Kingston pix, click here to visit Flickr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy big day Cooper! We just love you to pieces!!!
Mimi,Grampy,ScottE, and Uncle J

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have changed sooo much in just 5 months, from the adorable newborn to the cutest little baby boy who wants to find out about EVERYTHING!!! I'm so proud of you.
Love Ya Forever! Grampa Joe