Domesticated Monsters

WARNING--The following post does not included pictures of Cooper. Feel free to skip this post if you check in on this blog for the sole purpose of looking at my adorable kid.



I meant to post these around Halloween, but I forgot. I started making these sketches that have monsters from old black and white movies going about their days; doing tasks like all the ordinary hoy polloi of the world. I admit they are silly. I haven't done any serious art in mucho longtemps.



Perhaps my hormones are on the rampage yet again, but I have felt like an artistic moron lately. I had a rather mind-splitting epiphany on Saturday night after seeing my friend Andrew's show. (By the way, it's a good show. I wouldn't plug it if it was a snoozer. See The Angry Guy in the Pink Hat.) I think it's Andrew's best work thus far as an actor. He's getting better and better. Unfortunately, I feel I'm getting worse and worse.



I'd like to say that this is yet another one of my typical blue moods, but it seems deeper. I have an overwhelming amount of self-doubt lately.

I did recently cut a tremendous amount of sugar out of my diet. But I can't have therapy sessions with Ben & Jerry anymore. I must start taking care of myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE DOMESTICATED MONSTERS. WHERE'S THE MUMMY MONSTER TAKING CARE OF HER LITTLE ONE? YOUR BLOG MAKES MY DAY NICOLE. HAPPY TURKEY DAY!
LOVE
MOM

Dave Lowe said...

These are great!!!!!!!
I really love the space helmeted gorilla from one of my personal old favorite bad movies "Robot Monster".

I can't help laughing at the second imaging Ricky and Fred in the next room making wood stakes and filling vials of holy water saying..." of all of Lucy's crazy schemes, I never thought she'd become one of the undead"