7 Months

I thought I'd post a couple of sketches I did of Cooper instead of photographs. Change is a good thing.



Dear Coop,

In 7 months I have watched you go from a little blob who could barely move or make noise, to a towering 27-inch dynamo! You are so close to crawling, it's not even funny. I mean it!! It's not funny!!! I have anxieties about you being a mobile monster. You already roll all over the place. I know once you figure the whole crawling thang out, you're going to be off like a rocket. I'll be chasing you all over the planet as you zoom toward new things that you want to pull at and put in your mouth. You have a fascination with glass, plastic and fire. Way to keep mommy on her toes, kid! You like hanging upside down, lunging forth with wild abandonment and pretending to fly. You are adventurous.



Even when you have a rough night of farting and crying, you still start the following morning with a smile. I don't know if it's the taste of the mushy banana rice cereal or Daddy making funny faces at you, but you start each day in a state of bliss. You've inspired me to do the same. No matter what woes yesterday held, today is new. To greet a new day with negativity is to waste it. And the biggest lesson you've taught me is that each day is a treasure.

I love you. Thanks so much for loving me.

-Mama

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW. Cooper your Mom captured you completely in these sketches. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful, beautiful boy. Keep her drawing and you keep on crawling.
Love
GRANNMARIE

Anonymous said...

ditto from Mimi & Grampy!
Happy 7mos b'day from Uncle J too!

Ryan Gantz said...

Wow, those drawings are fantastic, Nicole. You really did capture Cooper.

You make me want to try drawing again.