TPD (Toilet Paper Debutante)

When I was a little girl, I would spend a lot of time in my great grandmother's bathroom. No, not because I had bowel issues. My Nana Blanche had a bunch of cool stuff in her powder room. She had a sign that said, "Don't sit here all day, there' work to be done!" and another that read, "Having troubles? Tried prunes?" She had a seat in the shower, which I thought was neat. Sitting was fun. Showering was fun. Sitting while you showered...brilliant.



But my favorite thing in my Nana's loo was the pretty toilet paper debutante. It was a plastic fashion doll with a flamboyant hat. Her hand knit wool dress hid an extra roll of toilet paper beneath it. What an excellent way for the small dress to maintain a billowed look and to keep some extra TP on hand! I'm all for adorable decor that prevents you from being stranded on the crapper.



I decided to make a couple of these for friends as housewarming gifts. I punk rawk'd it a bit. Nana B's looked more like a 'Little House on the Prairie,' type, whereas mine seem less wholesome...just like me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great look to the blog! TPD is so trendy. You could maybe get these in the Oscar Gift bags this year. Nana Blanche would be so proud of you. You creative soul you.
love
Mom

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those dollies! How ingenious of you. Annnnd...if you are ever bored on the crapper, you can style her hair:). Love it so so much!!-Casey

Anonymous said...

I think you should put tatoos on the left arm of the taller one and she could be an Angelina Jolie TPD.

Susan

Anonymous said...

Yes, Nana Blanch would have a good chuckle not only your remembering but also at your modern re-creation of her TPD
LOVE
NanaMarie