So that happened...

On Saturday, I turned 30 years old.

To mark the occasion, I performed my one-woman show in front of 30 people at a brewery in beautiful downtown Burbank.



This is me getting ready for the show. Most people don't know this, but I have to shave that moustache everyday.

I struck a deal with myself to let go of all the mucky muck. I don't usually get along with me, but we made it work. For one night, I did away with doubt and self-loathing.



It was lovely. I had so much fun. I forgot that performing could be so fun.



Thank you to Dave Lowe for making the storybook for my 'Fat Unicorn' poem.

I'm THRILLED that the shadow puppets that Jakob and I fretted over were such a hit.



Actually, the puppets stole the show.

A big ol' thank you to my father for helping me construct my background singers. They had people doubling over with laughter.



Thanks to Sean for being such a fancy, fancy butler.



The artwork added to the show, too.



There were some sleepless nights trying to get these just right, but it was worth it.



Andrew, Ryan and Jakob supported me and loved me throughout this whole wacky whirlwind. They encouraged me to do it and then wouldn't let me bail or flake or worm wiggle away from my fiercest funny or my most disturbing scary.



Thank you, guys. You are my family.

An extra phat thank you with sugary sugar goes to Jakob. Thanks for convincing me that it would all work out fine AND dandy.



All that...AND THERE WAS CAKE, TOO! Man, I freakin' love cake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole, mo pics please!
jo
ps loved what you posted! Congrats on your wonderful b'day!

Susan said...

Sorry I had to miss it. That's what happens when you live a world away.

When I come in January, I will make you a cake.

I am really glad you were born!

Love you alot!

Susan

Anonymous said...

So happy that we could share your night. You were totallyG R E A T !!!

More Pictures on their way......


Nana Marie & Bill