"I SHINKY!"

Holy Mother Humongous! Is this really my kid?



Just over a year ago he was no bigger than a pile of potatoes. Now he's 30 pounds of crazy, loud, enthusiastic wonderment.



Yes, the magnets stick to the board. Nope. They don't stick to your head.



He's learning so much. Before he just used to knock things over and tear things apart. Now, he's trying to stack and build and create.



But today, something awesome happened. While Cooper was stomping around and yelling, I heard a slurred word come out of his mouth that sounded like "stinky."

I looked at him and asked, "Are you stinky?"



He laughed and screamed, "Iiiiiiiiiiiiiii shinky! I shinky!"

I checked his diaper and sure enough, he was shinky!

I smiled and said, "Puuuuuu! You are stinky!"

Then, I got emotional.

He's communicating.

So cool.

2 comments:

Susan said...

That's a sentence!

Go Coop.

Love you all,

Susan and Brian

(Mitch is out at Boy Scouts. Yikes!)

Anonymous said...

I'm presently teaching my sixth graders about the digestive system and the pertinent reasons why they should know the proper terminology( in anticipation of the big "adolescent changes unit"!) Anyway I said let me tell you a story about my grandson who is almost 1 & 1/2. The kids hooted and smiled about the "shinky" story! Then I said yes coming out of Cooper's mouth it is so wonderful but you might find a time when you need to know the correct terms. When they all said in unison"Well that's just shinky!!!" Cooper you will be ruling the planet!
Love you all Mimi/mom