Coop's Cousin is Due in March

Dear Danielle,

Remember when we used to call you Danielleeeee Belly? It applies now more than ever!



Congrats to you, Fletcher Fam! Are you and Owen in shock? Jakob and I still look at each other and think, "Holy Toast! Are WE parents?"

Pregnancy is...not fun. Don't let people try to convince you that you need to adore this state of gestation. Yes, there are wonderful things about being preggers. You get excited about being a mom. You feel your child grow and move within you. You feel close to your husband because your love made life and that's pretty effing cool.

But it's rough. Your body is hijacked. Everything swells. Even your eyeballs swell. You pee yourself. Usually when you laugh...which then makes you cray. It's cruel! The hormones can be like a Todd Solondz film--just too much to deal with.

I want you to know that I'm proud of you. You look so beautiful. Congrats to you and Owen. You are about to embark on one long, strange trip. It's fantastic.


It's a BOY!

Dear Little Man Swimming In My Sister's Belly,

I can't wait to meet you. In fact, I'm going to plan a trip to see you in the Spring. I'm just going to assume that you'll call me your Crazy Aunt Nicole. It's cool. I've worn that adjective well for serveral years. It's just another word for fun-loving.

Oh, and I already love you. I can't wait for Coop to have a cousin.

Keep healthy. See you soon.

Love,

N

4 comments:

Susan said...

Hooray for Danielleeeeeeeeee and Owen!!!!!!!!

Dani, you look beautiful. You are going to really dig being a mom.

Nicole, I am sorry to disagree but I loved being pregnant. For some of us it is, in fact, very enjoyable. Not that I haven't peed myself. Keep a stock of Poise and remember to practice those Kegels. They help in so many ways...
even when it's time to push that baby out into the world.

Little Man Fletcher will be as interesting as his folks if not more so. It truly is wonderful to meet a human being that you brought into the world together.

Being an aunt rocks. It rocks so much, I have lived the role by choice for two women who mean the world to me. I love you both, so very much.

Danielle, I hope I get to meet your son faster than I meet Coop. We are going to LA for New Year's. I am hopeful to meet Cooper then.
(He will be 1 and a half!)

Next summer on the ride to the Cape, we 3 Tagues will have to come visit the newly expanded Fleth. Fam. Love the ring to that.

I also hope that you will consider a blog like this one. It allows me to keep touch. It allows me to bear witness to Cooper as he grows up and it affords me the ability to reminisce about all of these stages that I traveled with Mitch.

I really do love you both a lot!

Susan

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Cape Cod. Thanks Nikki for the updates. Danielle YOU LOOK MARVELOUS! Hope you are feeling well. Cooper you are getting soooooo big! Congrats Nikki on going back to work. The adjustment's a challenge but isn't it nice to chat with adults too! Miss you all!!!!!!!!!!! Susan from Buzzards Bay

Robert Irving said...

What great news!
Congratulations to Danielle and Owen.
Love to you,
Robert and Bill

Danielleee Belly said...

Hi everyone!

Thank you, Nikki, for being a blooger...I agree that it's totally an awesome way for people to see your fam and life. Maybe you can teach me a few tricks...

Thank you everyone for your nice comments. Nikki's right: for me at least, pregnancy is exciting and awe-inspiring, but I also worry and vomit a lot more than a person should in polite company, and more days than I can count I just want to lie in bed and watch FoodTV (oh, Paula Dean, teach me how to make southern-fried blueberry dumplings with cream...)

But we are blessed- no matter how sick I get, our baby seems content and fat and kicking, and we spend nights talking to my belly, and we are more in love now than ever before, which we didn't even know was possible.

I hope everyone who can will come to New Jersey and meet our guy as soon as he's here and you have a minute.

My love to the Whites and to all my fam, blood-related or otherwise, and please feel free to email me at danifletch703@yahoo.com if you want to see more pictures or just to shoot the shite.

-Danielleeeeeeee Belly