Torture Song

Each year, I adopt a "torture song."

It's a song that I'm going to play over and over and over and over again until I'm so completely sick of it that I can never play it again.

I know. It's a sickness. I've tried to get help but...well, I'm busy and stuff.

This past year,(2007--the year that will hence forth be called, "the year that was slightly less stressful than 2006.")I was obsessed with the song 'Total Eclipse of the Heart.' And not the old school Bonnie Tyler version, which IS pure gold. Nah. I was really into the Tori Amos live from Boston 1995 rarity cover. Tori makes everything breathier and sadder.

I listened to that song most days and sometimes (once a month) I'd listen to it several times a day.

2008 is fastly approaching and I've already decided that Elton John's 'Someone Saved My Life Tonight,' is my new torture song.

It clocks in at 6 minutes and 47 seconds.
You know what that means?
Listening to it thrice a day can waste an embarrassing amount of time.

0 comments: