The Laundry Monster

When I got the invitation to Ryan and Jenny's baby shower, I knew I was going to make a gift that was strange...strange and furry.

My goal was to create something that looked like it belonged on The Muppet Show.



The year I left for college, my sister made me a hamper that had eyes and teeth and was covered in fur. It was one of the best gifts I've ever received. I bought a flip-top hamper and started concocting my laundry monster for the Wee Gantz's nursery.



I ordered turquoise and neon green fur.



I carved a foam nose and some ears. I painted eyes. I added feathers.



Many hours and many, many, many hot glue sticks later, the hamper was complete.

The finished product looks like a cross between Falcor from The NeverEnding Story and , Sully from Monsters Inc.



It sort of looks like a big, blue beaver, too.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! What else is there to say?

RIRI said...

Every laundry hamper should look this good. You may have a real winner here. It makes laundry more fun. Great job!

jenredstar said...

my kid is the luckiest kid in the world to have friends like you who even conceive of making such awesome creative gifts. Look at those eyes! I love the purple eyelashes and you know you're forever going to be famous to our kid for making this. He'll worship you and your craftiness!