Art Baby - Round Two!

Dear Little One,

Happy week 27! Things are movin' right along. You are a very active bundle of joy! I can see my abdomin quake when you're restless. I can't wait to show my baby bump bouncing about to others and amaze them (or watch them seriously wig out).

Momma had a glucose test to check for gestational diabetes. They gave her orange sugar water. After an hour, a very nervous phlebotomist couldn't seem to locate mom's veins in either arm. Finally, a butterfly needle in my left hand proved to be a winner.



I have completed 8 more paintings for your nursery. I tried to throw some not-so-tradition animals in the mix. Hence, this blowfish. It's also called a puffer fish. Either way, it's a funny animal that you shouldn't touch.



Your dad seems to find this koala bear REALLY amusing. I think it's something to do with the laid back eyes. He's just munching on some primo eucalyptus, man. Get off of his cloud!



Personally, I adore the hippo. When your dad and I went to the San Diego zoo, I refused to leave the hippo tank. I watched her swim around and around and around. She was two tons of cellulite and the most graceful thing I've ever seen. We became friends right away.

Maybe I'll make up a hippo song for you. You're probably getting sick of me singing, "You Are My Sunshine," but it's one of the few lullabies that I know all the words to. I'll work on my "Hush Little Baby," and "Rainbow Connection," to give you a little variety.

Love, love, love you so much,

Mom

To view all the paintings completed thus far,Click Here to Visit Flickr

2 comments:

Dave Lowe said...

What I love about these is
each animal already feels to have some backstory.
I already imagine the stork with his fish buddy as a disfuntional duo but friends to the end.
I love the octopus because it feels like a mugshot. He's got that bewildered look like ....aahh man I just ****ed up.

Dave Lowe said...

ahhh man. In my previous comment when I said Octopus..I meant the giraffe...but does it matter? Who cares...all the animals look guilty for something.