GRRRRRR! Monster Box!

I've been working on some shadowboxes...



VOILA! The Monster Box! This is the first one I made. His name is "BOOSHOCKA!" The tongue springs forward against the front glass and you can see down his throat.



This green lovely is the next one I created. I named her, "GLAMOURIZZA!" Beautiful, ain't she?



There's a mirror in the rear of the box. When you peak in, it looks like YOU are in the monster's mouth.



Here's where I went a little nuts. This is "SYBILOBSTRA!" She's a monster within a monster within a monster within a monster.



I even put wee little flashlights in her eyes to make them glow firey red. That's right. Don't mess with Sybilobstra. She'll wreck ya!

To check out more shadowboxes & monsters, click here to visit Flickr.

3 comments:

Dave Lowe said...

Nicole!
These are awesome! Very inspiring!
I'm in day 2 of my weekend long adventure to get my garage back to being a funtional workshop instead of the winter long "catch all" it has become. Seeing these make we want to get done quicker and start making something!
You should do a self portrait with the window your belly and the "wee one's" ultrasound inside.

Nicole Charbonneau White said...

Ooooo--that's such a good idea! As soon as I finish the alien I'm doing with the little spaceship trapped inside its mouth, I'm going to do the preggo box! That sounds fun!

Dave Lowe said...

Forget the baby idea....what was I thinking with that cheesy crap!!...little spaceship in alien mouth so much cooler!