13 Days Later...



You've been in my life for 13 days and I can barely remember what things were like before you got here. You've transformed everything. It's amazing.



You only cry when you really need to be changed or fed. Otherwise, you'd rather not rock the boat. You're very much like your father in that respect. You love chewing on your knuckles and fingers. You like when I sing, "Rainbow Connection," when you're about to fall asleep and "Day O" when you've just woken up. When we read the book, "Count the Animals," you tend to fart when we get to the raccoons.



You loved meeting your Aunt Karen & Uncle Andrew. I think they dug you, too. Actually, most people who meet you fall instantly in love.



But no one is more smitten with you than your father. When you are with your dad, you are content. When the two of you look at each other, there seems to be a special understanding. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever witnessed.

I never thought I'd love something that's so stinky. You are my beautiful, beautiful boy.

For more photos of Cooper, click here to visit Flickr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cutest. Baby. Ever.

Cannot wait to have some quality time meeting Senor Cooper... you and Jakob look so perfect holding him. See? I TOLD you you would be amazing parents...

xoxox
M

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for keeping your blog going! It means everything to us out here on the east coast to catch a glimpse of your life out there!!! The journal and photos are great! Love to you all! Mom
PS Cooper we can't wait to be with you!