The Yick Abounds



I'm familiar with that emotion.

Cooper had a rough morning. I'm not sure what the problem was. He was all sorts of peed off. It drove me to tears. Eventually he fell asleep. I proceeded to make myself a 'no sugar added' peanut butter sandwich and cry all over it. (I know. Pathetic. It's so 'The Hours.' Mrs. Dalloway decided to buy the flowers herself...)

Truth be told, I've got the mommy blues. I'm tired. I'm frumpy. I feel burnt. And the worse thing is, I feel awful that I feel awful. I've got an amazingly awesome child. He's beautiful. He's hilarious. He's rarely upset. I have no right to complain. And although my husband is such a tremendous help, I feel alone. It's terribly unjustified. There's never been a husband/daddy more devoted. But nevertheless, I can't shake this...I'm not sure what to call it. It's yucky. It's yicky. It's yick. And I need it to vanish.

I'm sure I'll snap out of it. I am a joyful girl and all.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even the mother of one of the greatest babies of all time (YOU) had these same feelings. It's just natural and it really does pass. There just has to be a low point after the greatest moment in your life. No matter how bad you'll ever feel, having a baby like Cooper makes it all better in the end. I know, because I had to recover from the pure joy of having you, Nicole. (and I still love you like the day you were born!) Hang in there, you are NOT alone and you never will be! I love being your Dad. It's an honor.
If the world was perfect, every baby would have a mother and father like you and Jakob!