If Wishes & Buts Were Oats & Nuts, We'd All Have a Bowl of Granola

Jakob and I have always been able to live without a lot of money. But it's no longer just the two of us. We are a family of three and it's looking like a single income will not afford us our apartment, food and modern conveniences like electricity. I will have to return to work.



It's not that I dislike working. When I was working, I liked it just fine. I may even have been rather good at it. But thinking about leaving Cooper with a nonrelative is giving me a slight panic attack.



Will a nanny (or MANny) play, "Here Comes Mr. Turtle," as good as me? I doubt it.



Maybe. Maybe I'll find a great caregiver for a great price and it will all work out just dandy.



Yeeks. This is gonna break my heart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole, There is no advice, just heartfelt understanding! Been there, done that, and so sorry you have to go there too! Kisses and Hugs,
Mom

Anonymous said...

What your mom said...

Love you,
Susan

Anonymous said...

This was like sending up the bat signal for Grannnemarie! She's got me on Monster.com looking for a job in southern Cal already...but she is one hell of a babysitter and wants nothing but the best for Cooperstar!...soooo I'm looking dude! Love ya, Grampa Joe

Anonymous said...

Cooper, when I read your mom's blog this week it broke my heart for her too! I wrote her right away but had no advice. I just know (too well) from experience that worrying about daycare is truly among the most difficult parts of being a parent.(Your being sick would come first!)
Anyway, it didn't surprise me to see your Grampa Joe's message and hope that something can work out!!
Love, Mimi