East Meets West

Recently, Jakob's family made the grand trek all the way from New Hampshire to beautiful downtown Burbank to meet the CooperStar. It was JoLynn (Mimi), Scott, (Grampy) and newly appointed uncles Scott & Jordan.

The week was an adventurous whirlwind. We went everywhere and ate everything all during a record busting heat wave.



Uncle Jordan was eager to care for his new nephew. I don't know if this is an exact count, but I believe he asked to hold or change or feed Cooper 233 times.



Uncle Scott taught Cooper about freestylin'. Cooper is already working with some beats and rapping about what he knows: boobs and poopin'. Coop enjoyed all the attention. They got along famously.



One of my favorite days was spent poolside at The Safari Inn. Mimi bought Cooper a sun shield. It was like our own little protective, anti-UV palace. I also got to see my husband go swimming. I don't think I've seen Jakob swim in 6 years!

We drove to Santa Monica for a day at the beach and pier. My in-laws pondered, "How can it take an hour to get to the beach? It's less than 15 miles away." Why, welcome to California! It takes 45 minutes or more to get anywhere! Mimi, Grampy, Jordan and I played in the water. The waves tossed us all about. We had mucho fun-o. Jakob stayed on the shore with Coop. He does not "do" salt water.



So often pictures of my hubby look like stills from a Wes Anderson movie. Why is that?

Jakob took his family to Universal Studios and Cooper and I met up with them later at Café Tu Tu Tango, a tapas eatery at Univeral Citywalk. I had mushrooms. Since Jakob has such a deep seeded hatred of mushrooms and fungi of any kind, this was a real treat.

The week was busy and I was pooped, but it was such a joy to see Cooper meet his family.



A 'thank you' to Andrew Giza for tix to the Tonight Show and to Joe & Dona Gilbody for helping make the trip possible. And finally, a very, very sincere thank you to JoLynn & Scott for creating such amazing memories for my new family.

For more photos, click here to visit Flickr.

0 comments: