Red Sox & Sucking



Dear Red Sox,

I have been a Red Sox fan all my life. (All 75 days of it.) Pardon my french, but you guys are playing like stinky poo! This past weekend my dad and I had plans to relax on the ol' couch and watch a little baseball. It was anything but relaxing, let me tell you! I threw up twice! My dad did not actually puke, but the number of walks made him nauseous. I heard my daddy use some colorful new language like, "heck" and "son of a bee sting!" A five game series and those Yankee bums (again, pardon my french) swept us??? My father was really cheesed and so was I!

I thought last night would be different. It was a new team, a new coast, and a new day! I was sorely disappointed. I needed my pacifier the WHOLE NIGHT! I even put on my official Red Sox "Rally Onesee," but to no avail. I soiled it. My father said it was symbolic.

Is this what being a Red Sox fan means? Geesh! I guess I need to get used to this gut-punched/heart-broke feeling. Or I need to become a Dodgers fan. I do look good in blue.

I'm going to do some soul searching via a much needed nap.



Miserably Devoted to You,

Cooper Kinsley White

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great in blue. Don't give up on the Sox. They might suck now but keep the faith. Your Dad won't give up. Your Grannemarie loves you.

Anonymous said...

We've got them right we're we want them! Overconfident and overpriced!
Did Grandpa Joe ever tell you about the year the Yankees were up 3 games to none in a best of seven series? It was before you were born, but the Yankees choked like some old lady with a huge hunk of meat in her throat! It was beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Coop, misery loves company, so join the club. Do what Grampy does, just remember that there's always another season(Patriots) just around the corner. Of course they can cut your heart out and stomp on it too but then again there's always the Celtics( remember the shamrock?)(not really)(forget about the Bruins-no more bobby orr)wait a minute oh just love the red sox... we'll even lend you our crying towel if you need it...love you sweet boy, Mimi