Team Zissou Master Frogman



Cooper (Kingsley) White



People ask where the heck we got "Kingsley" for Cooper's middle name. The idea came from the movie The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou. In the film, Zissou (played by Bill Murray) meets a man claiming to be his long lost son, Ned (played by Owen Wilson). This is the transcript from a scene between the two characters:

ZISSOU - You think you'll want to change your name?

NED - Ned?

ZISSOU- No, not the Ned part. Unless you want to. I meant your last name. I thought you might like to let me give you mine.

NED - Ned Zissou.

ZISSOU - Ned Zissou. Exactly. Or, if you want to, you can change the first part too. I would have named you Kingsley, if I'd had a say in it.


And that's where it originated. It's sort of a joke. Funny, huh? I'm sure Cooper will think we're total pains in the butt. But hey, aren't parents supposed to be pains in the butt?



Anyhow I found this cool onesie online and I knitted the hat.

Tee hee.

For more photos, click here to visit Flickr.

3 comments:

Awol said...

He looks like he's shaking his fist at you menacingly... in a goofy sort of way.

Anonymous said...

Already a star. This kid has such camera sense. He should be on the big screen! Send this to Bill Murry. He'll love it.
Grannemarie loves her Cooperman!

Anonymous said...

Cooper K. White, YOU'RE THE MAN!!!
World watch out this kid's gonna rock us all!!! I agree with Grannemarie, you've got to send this to Bill!
Love, Mimi