Tummy Time!

I'm not sure why, but Cooper usually becomes VERY agitated when we place him on his belly. The doctor told us that allowing Coop some supervised tummy time is great for developing the muscles needed for sitting up and crawling. Unfortunately whenever Jakob or I placed him on his stomach, he'd started screeching like a raging banshee. He was frustrated with the weight of his head and his neck's inability to fully support it.

But then today...



At first, he made this grimace/sneer, as if to say, "MOM! You are aware that I don't dig this!"



About 30 seconds went by. I waited for him to unleash a cry of discomfort. I was delighted when his usual wailing was replaced with an adorable sigh and a SMILE. That's right. He actually smiled! About five full minutes went by before he finally was overcome by the experience and decided to complain. Still, t'was a golden success.



To see more new photos, click here to visit Flickr.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Cooper you are just changing way too quick for me! What joy and giggles your mom brings to me with these wonderful blog moments. Love you so angel boy! your Mimi

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Where are you getting these awesome onesies, by the way? I must know.
-Audra

Nicole Charbonneau White said...

Hot Topic is great for fun & snarky onsies. I also really love babywit.com and littleruler.com.

I could go broke buying all the rad onesies I see!

Anonymous said...

Coop, thanks for the cards and your prayers and thoughts during my little problems, feeling better and soon we will be able to travel to Burbank to visit you Love Bill