My Baby's Daddy

Back in college, I'd watch you perform on stage. You had talent. You had gusto. I'd think, "Damn. He's alluring."

Occasionally I'd visit you at the Kendall Square Cinema. You'd be working hard for $6.50/hour. You'd be well coifed with a newly pressed shirt and a tie that said, "Chief of Staff." We'd hang out and chat and I'd think, "Damn. He's fetching."

Sometimes we'd go for twilight walks in Beacon Hill. You'd use equal parts charm and goofiness to make me laugh. I'd laugh so hard that I'd snort. I'd think, "Damn. He's irresistible."



But listen up husband of mine. This is truly sexy. This makes me weak in the knees. Seeing you be an awesome daddy to Cooper makes me fall in love with you all over again. Only this time around I've grown bigger, you've grown furrier and there are fewer nights of drunken debauchery. Still, I swoon.

4 comments:

Awol said...

Y'ever notice that whenever Jakob is asked to stand in one place, especially for a photo, he doesn't plant his feet under his shoulders like most people (especially those of us who know how to roll down our spines), but rather they are always close together?

I've always noted that.

Maybe I'm creeyp.

Anonymous said...

My wife makes similar statements to me, and I really appreciate it when she does.

Your husband is lucky to have a wife that both appreciates him, and writes articulately.

Anonymous said...

Today, Dee and I walked to the corner to put Mitchell on the bus for middle school for the first time.

I couldn't help thinking how lucky I am to have a man who sees this event as one not to miss. Their relationship is one of the most attractive things I see in my husband.

Susan

Anonymous said...

My grandbaby's daddy makes me smile so much because he's just the wonderful kind of dad i knew he'd be. Love you Cooper's dad,
Mom
PS He also gave me something I always wanted...a wonderful daughter-in-law:)