I Learned From The Best

My mother recently set me this photo.



If I had received the photo prior to June 10th, I would have looked at it differently. I would have focused on me. "Look how small I was! Look at how curly my hair was! Look at those feetie pajamas! Look at my awesome fake kitchen stove toy set!"

But now that I'm a mommy, I can't help but fixate on my mother in this photo. I'm little more than 2 years old here. I've asked her to join me for a pretend breakfast. I'm sure that it's way early in the morning. How does my mom manage to look so cool with her long hippie hair and her blue bathrobe? She's brilliant. She's playing with me. She's happily engaged in funtime with me. She's talking to me and asking me questions. You only have to look at my expression to see what a marvelous time we're having.

I play with Cooper all the time. It's amazing, but it is exhausting. Especially when we've had a night with no sleep and he refuses to nap. He looks up at me with that expression that says, "Come on! Entertain me woman! I've got a new brain in here and it needs to be fed with silly songs and games!" And I do. Because my mom taught me that playing means love.

And love will make you sing 'Mana Mana', play the drippy cloth game or dance all around the apartment for hours just to see him smile.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Mom's got it right on the nose Cooper! Play means learning and teaching is loving.
Your new pictures are in my brag book which I show to total strangers. They love them. Grampa Joe loves them too.
love
Grannemarie